Frequently Asked Questions
What Is VAT Exemption?
If you’re disabled or have a long-term illness, you will not be charged VAT on products designed or adapted for your own personal or domestic use.
Also, you will not be charged VAT on the following:
- The installation and any extra work needed as part of this
- Repairs or maintenance
- Spare parts or accessories
Am I Eligible?
To get the product VAT free, your disability has to qualify if the following conditions are met:
- You have a physical or mental impairment that affects your ability to carry out everyday activities, for example blindness.
- You have a condition that’s treated as chronic sickness, like diabetes, fibromyalgia, arthritis, COPD.
- You’re terminally ill.
- You do not qualify if you’re elderly but not disabled, or if you’re temporarily disabled.
How do I Buy VAT Exempt Batteries?
To make a purchase of VAT exempt batteries you first need to fill out a VAT Exemption form which can be found further down the page.
Once filled in you can then make the purchase. Please note however that purchased orders will NOT be dispatched until the form has been received in house.
If time has passed and you have not received a confirmation email for your order, please contact us on 01536 464890 and one of our colleagues will be able to assist you further.
DC Powerstore reserves the right to cancel and reject any purchase orders under the following circumstances:
- Information provided on the VAT Exemption form is incomplete
- The required criteria have not been met
- Personal information has been falsified
Should any of the above points apply, you will be informed that the VAT Exemption form will not be accepted. Should there be no communication back to DC Powerstore within 48 hours the order will be cancelled and a full refund issued.
How To Complete The VAT Exemption Form?
The VAT Exemption form can be found on website either by clicking the link here or the VAT Exemption form under the Mobility Catagory.
If you are unable to fill out the form yourself, then a family member or a close friend can complete the form on your behalf.
If you experience any issues with filling out the VAT Exemption form then please contact us on 01536 464890 and a member of the team will be able to assist you further.
More information about VAT Exemption can be found on the .gov website. Click on the below links for more information.